May 18, 2010

Good reads

Some books are so good that they leave an everlasting impression. Here are a few quotes which I like very much.

Shantaram -
Gregory David Roberts

"Happiness is a myth. It was invented to make us buy things."

"Luck is what happens to you when fate gets tired of waiting."

"News is about what people do. Gossip is about how they enjoyed doing it."

"Every virtuous act has some dark secret in its heart; every risk we take contains a mystery that can’t be solved."

"I don't know what frightens me more, the power that crushes us, or our endless ability to endure it."

The Bridges of Madison County - Robert James Waller

"In a universe of ambiguity, this kind of certainty comes only once, and never again, no matter how many lifetimes you live."

"I’m not sure you’re inside of me, or that I am inside of you, or that I own you. At least i don’t want to own you. I think we’re both inside of another being we have created called ‘us’.”


Eleven Minutes - Paulo Coelho

"At every moment of our lives we all have one foot in a fairy tale and the other in the abyss."

"If I must be faithful to someone or something, then I have, first of all, to be faithful to myself."







No comments: